PDA

View Full Version here: : Has anyone found a review - or user of Vixen's GAIAX mount anywhere in the world?

g__day
22-03-2009, 12:25 PM
It's been a long while since Vixen announced this mount - priced anywhere from US $14K - $20K. Now this mount doesn't have the capabilities of a PME yet is costs more - that's not my beef. Its advertised in lots of places - all with the same specs, but I've searched alot for this for many months.

Has anyone ever found even a single review or a single user saying they have this and what they think of it - or was this a classical paper launch and nothing every happened?

I've seen pictures of this at one or two shows (in Japan I guess) but no real world review. I ponder did it leave the designing room too late to compete economically against proven > $10K mounts.

Mostly I am interested in that as its supposed to support both the Starbook and SkySensor2000 hand controllers (which sounds implausible really unless they have fabricated at great cost two different versions). However if it does breathe new life into the SS2K - well I'd be mighty interested in knowing what they've improved since v2.10 of the SS2K.

Cheers all, from a travel weary,

Matthew

marki
22-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I couldn't find anything either. Perhaps they have not sold any due to their price when compared to similar size mounts.

Mark

TJD
25-03-2009, 10:09 PM
i think marks right i couldnt find anything either:bashcomp: