PDA

View Full Version here: : Nanjing 5"APO

miki63au
11-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone,
what happened to the "deal of the century" 5" APO?
Did everyone got the scope after payments?

I wonder how much is it now, after the global financial s@#$t ....:screwy:
I think the best price in Australia is at Andrews, $1800 for the gold 120ED.

Any comprehensive review, visual impression on the moon and planets?

Mick.

miki63au
13-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Hmmmm, no bite?
Is that a hint? :)

Mick

seeker372011
13-02-2009, 06:48 PM
if you are talking about the ED127 from North Group (?), I certainly got the scope-within 10 days of making the payment and am happy with it.

people have reported issues with the focuser, and at least one person had some delivery issues though he eventually received the scope

miki63au
13-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks mate,
that's the scope I questioning the ED127 from North Group .
Focuser can be replaced, my concern is the visual performance of the optics.
The 120ED has the FPL53, and not far from the price.
Not sure what happen if the optics a lemon, is it likely that Andrews exchange it? It's unlikely Gilman would...
Thanks for your replay.
Mick.

AdrianF
14-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I have one of the North Group ED127 APO's. I did have problems with delivery, some say they got their scopes within 10 days mine took 42 days from payment to delivery. I find the scope has great optics I certainly had no problems in that respect my only real problem is the mechanics of the focuser. I cannot get the mounting ring to hold my camera securely, but I have been lazy and havent looked at trying to fix with any conviction. Some people have fixed the problems with the focuser some have replaced the focuser with a Moonlight Focuser which is probably the way I will go when the exchange rates improve.

Adrian