PDA

View Full Version here: : anyone tell me what these are like-Intes Micro Alter M503 5" F/10 Maksutov-Cassegrain

h0ughy
11-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Hi guys and Gals,

can anyone out there tell me what these are like "Intes Micro Alter M503 5" F/10 Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA"? :help:

ausastronomer
11-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Houghy,

They are a very high quality scope but a little restricted in what they are suitable for. What do you want to do with it ?

CS-John B

h0ughy
11-09-2005, 07:50 PM
well John, I thought that i could use it for a bit of planetary work, and solar photography, maybe a little bit of astrophotography. i wanted it to be on the Eq6 with my camera on the other side to use as a guide scope? I can get one for around $675 AUs and have an option to get it now. i wanted it to be portable. but then I want lots of things?????

h0ughy
11-09-2005, 07:52 PM
:help: please inform me of its suitability and what it sould be used for? :shrug:

ausastronomer
11-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Fine for that Houghy, thats what its designed for. Thats a very good price, is that the 1 Nat has listed on Astromart?

Very high quality well made scope that should last about 3,000 years. The optical quality and mechanical construction will be infinitely superior to the Chinese made Mak Casses and its also be a better performer and higher quality product than either the 5" Meade Mak Cass or the 5" Celestron SCT. It also utilises a different design to those other Mak Cass BTW. The Intes Micro 503 utilises the Rumak design whereas the normal "built to a price" Mak Casses utilise the Gregory design. The Rumak design uses a separate secondary mirror whereas the Gregory design uses a silvered spot on the back of the corrector.

If you have a use for that type of scope I would be buying it yesterday, its a steal :)

CS-John B

[1ponders]
11-09-2005, 08:21 PM
You might want to check out Eddies imaging setup h0ughy. He uses and Intes, though a different model http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=65&page=5&pp=20
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1907

h0ughy
11-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Yes John it is. BTW he just informed me that it is the 500 model not the 503