PDA

View Full Version here: : Why is my post deleted?

astroron
08-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Two or three days ago I posted a reply to a post by Rajah re Robert Evens finds fortieth Supernova, I went to check if there was any feedback and cannot find either my reply or the original message posted by rajah. What is the going on? This has happened before but to my personal messages.Does anybody else have this problem?astroron :shrug:

[1ponders]
08-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Hi Ron. I deleted the Thread at the request of Rajah. He was unaware of the dupication elsewhere and pmed me to remove the thread. I'm unaware of any personal messages being deleted ????Was it one you received or one you sent?

iceman
14-09-2005, 01:34 PM
No personal messages have been deleted, ever.

I did find a problem lately though with version 3.0.8 of the forum software, where sometimes when I sent a PM, I clicked submit and my whole browser would lock up. I had to close the browser and start again - and my PM never got sent.

So it's possible you experienced the same thing? Just a thought..

The forum software has recently been upgraded to 3.0.9 (on Sunday night), which apparently fixes that problem (I haven't experienced it since). But I can assure you, no PM has ever been deleted.

astroron
14-09-2005, 04:33 PM
OK what happened to my pms to Chrissyo? the ones I sent to him are not on my sent message file, Where have they gone? I PMd you about this about a month ago and you said you would find out about, this is your first responce.
I spoke to Paul (1ponders) last week and he gave me the reason why my post was deleted, which cleared that part up.astroron

iceman
15-09-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm not sure what happened to your PM's to chissyo, and I can never tell for sure. I suggested above, that it could have been a hiccup in the forum software - where the browser locked up and perhaps you assumed the message was sent, but it wasn't.
That's what has happened to me over the past few weeks, before we upgraded to 3.0.9.

There's been over 4,000 PM's sent through the forum system, and I don't think anyone has complained about them simply being lost. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, forums crash, browsers crash and things do go wrong sometimes, but it's out of my control when it's the forum software's responsibility.

We keep our software upgraded to the latest versions to ensure there isn't any bugs that affect the users. As I said above, all I can assure you of now, is that it was no action of the moderators or admins.