PDA

View Full Version here: : lunt solar telescopes... any one got one?

lesbehrens
28-12-2008, 07:19 PM
hi. i was wondering if any one has a lunt solar scope. i want to know how it compares to a Coronado?
is it worth while buying one.
les

lesbehrens
29-12-2008, 06:27 PM
really no one has anything to report?:shrug:

astroron
29-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Les , I think that as they have only just come on the market in Australia, maybe Know one has one to give you an evaluation.

Merlin66
29-12-2008, 07:22 PM
The Lunt solar telescopes have been available over here since September, and I've only seen a couple of images published. Could be due to the terrible conditions over the last few months and the low altitude of the Sun.
The Lunt 60 is very similar in design to the Coronado 40; a front objective and a smaller etalon ( about 28mm diameter) followed by a blocking filter.
There's no reason to suggest that they won't perform as good as, or better than than the Coronado. However, it is a bit strange that there's not more results being published??????

h0ughy
29-12-2008, 08:31 PM
mine is on order but not delivered ........... waiting waiting waiting after i ordered it in feb 08

Jooster
06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
The founder of Lunt Solar telescopes is the son of the founder of Coronado Solar scopes, so I would say that they would be equal to if not better that the latter. Would be intersting to make a comparison.

Jooster