PDA

View Full Version here: : GSO Refractor Finder Bracket

leinad
23-12-2008, 02:03 AM
The new focuser I got is missing the finder brackets. Didn't think of it at the time I bought it, and the dovetail bar mounted on top of the ED80 @ the moment is blocking the ED80's finder bracket.
When I get a side by side bar or smaller dovetail for the piggyback ST80 this wont be a problem, but would be nice to have. Can anyone recommend who would have the GSO focuser finderscope bracket?

bmitchell82
23-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Give andrews a bell, considering they do the GSO branded equipment, they should be able to sort you out.

I was looking into this a while back, where somebody was selling a red dot finder, problem was it had no base to attach it to a scope so i didn't buy it, though now i know you can pick them up for 10 bucks, and they are exactly the same as the ones on the skywatcher for the finderscope.

leinad
23-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah thanks, might do that shortly. I have a finderbracket on the dob I can use, but not sure if it will fit the GSO focuser correctly. Will have a look shortly.

leinad
23-12-2008, 01:11 PM
I just checked out the finderscope bracket on the dob. unfortunately it has two screws horizontal where the GSO Focuser appears to have these screw holes diagonally..hmm

leinad
23-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Looks like I need this.

http://www.gsotelescope.com.tw/admin/disk/Finder/8BK-CNC.jpg
Art No. : M-8BK01- 8x 50mm Finder bracket for Crayford focuser

This option CNC made 8x 50mm finder bracket could fits with above Refractor Crayford style focuser. It's very easy to install with a M4 screw onto the focuser, the included six plastic adjustment screws will keep your 8x 50mm or 9x 50mm finder in place and safety, it won't hurt with your finder.

leinad
23-12-2008, 02:27 PM
The screws from the dob and focuser were the same thread, so decided to give it a go. Its locked tight and not going anywhere but not very appealing, lol. Anyway it worked, an saved me a few bucks temporarily.. :P

AlexN
23-12-2008, 04:02 PM
GSO use the same finder bracket as William Optics do...

I've not got a finder on my WO102 yet, or on my guide scope.. I just look down the scope as I would a rifle and line it up that way.. sounds dodgy, but it works fine... can always get the target into a 40mm ep this way :)

bmitchell82
23-12-2008, 04:22 PM
nice fix for something like that, :D these things tend to stay permanent :D

leinad
23-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I tried to do the line of sight last night and use a 40mm, but it just wasnt as easy as using the finderscope; especially with the piggyback arrangement. I tried all the shops today and no-one had them in stock.

The temp fix will have to do until stock arrives at the shops. York Optical mentioned they could order the WO finder but it was much more expensive than the GSO brand.