PDA

View Full Version here: : Buddy/ignore lists

Omaroo
21-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Just for fun, I've been fooling with the buddy/ignore list feature. Out of interest I've added a user to my ignore list, and although their posts are blocked to me, their usename still comes up in threads where they have posted. Is there a way to completely ignore a user so that they never appear at all?

iceman
21-12-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't think so, Chris. Whatever happens now is default vBulletin functionality that Terry or I haven't changed.

Omaroo
21-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks Mike :thumbsup:

Jen
23-12-2008, 12:23 AM
:lol::lol::lol: hey you put me back on your buddy list :lol: i will get my emoticons on to you :thumbsup::thumbsup: :lol:

hey can people also see if you have added them to the buddy list ;)
my buddy list is getting bigger and bigger :D

Ian Robinson
23-12-2008, 03:14 AM
Didn't know you could ignore posts from other users - kinda defeats the purpose of the board I'd think.

I'm more inclined to just not bother reading anything that I not interested in.

Kevnool
23-12-2008, 07:59 AM
All ya got here Jen is a + alongside your name buddy :D .....Cheers Kev

Jen
27-12-2008, 01:17 PM
:D Awwww there is too i can see lots of + signs :thumbsup: hey there is even one next to your name Kev :lol::lol::lol:
:thumbsup:

Babalyon 5
28-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Whats the point of having the forum open then? If you don't like someone or their posts, just don't read them. I think it's rude.:whistle:

Omaroo
28-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Do ya! :lol:

Well, my question was by way of general enquiry, not in reference to anyone in particular. I run my own forae (5 of them) for other parties and have not chosen vBulletin for any of them. I was asking how the feature worked, that's all.

Rude huh!

Ian Robinson
28-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Announcing you've added someone to your IGNORE LIST is sure to "upset the natives".

Question : if you add someone to your ignore list - or your buddies list , does the site inform them this has happened ?

iceman
29-12-2008, 07:20 AM
No it doesn't.

There's nothing rude about using a feature built into the forum system if people choose to do so. It's not unlike call-screening using caller id or blocking international numbers so you don't get telemarketers calling you. It's a personal choice limited to the individual and it doesn't affect anyone else or the public forum as a whole.