PDA

View Full Version here: : good news - i have the 127ED back from the optic docs

h0ughy
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I picked up the 127ED from Astro Optical today - perfect collimation apparently - never shifted when dropped thankfully - so from that point of view they seem to be bulletproof. I got my new DUP losmandy bar yesterday from Bintel and fitted it this afternoon to the cradle of the 127ED. Roger from Bintel Melbourne is repairing my little HEQ5pro mount so all should be well in the land of Hough within a week or so. I will have to test everything of course (not with the weather the way it is now).

I would like to thank those that helped me on the day of the accident (i couldn’t bear to watch the aftermath) - and John and Anna for delivering the baby mount to Melbourne for me!!:thumbsup:;)

now i will ask a question - does someone make a EQ6 mounting plate for the losmandy D bars that fits on the eq6?

gbeal
08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
You broke it Huff? When/how?

xstream
08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Not a problem Dave, What are friends for! ;)

Glad to hear the 127ED is okay. Life will soon be back to normal mate. :thumbsup:

xstream
08-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Gary you don't want to know, it was cruel.

Astrod00d
08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi Dave, I was horrified when I heard what happened to your 127ED, what a nightmare! It's good to hear that it's OK optically. Now, how long will it take for your nerves to recover? :scared:

I use a Losmandy-style dovetail foot (Part EQG-SAD) from Anthony Davoli Machining on my EQ6. It replaces the EQ6 head completely and is very rigid and secure. I'm not sure if you'll be using an EQ6 or a HEQ5 mount? I think the socket on the HEQ5 may be a bit smaller than the EQ6, so the EQ6 foot may not fit the HEQ5. Send Anthony and email, he's very helpful.
http://www.admaccessories.com/ADM%20Products/4%20Inch%20Accessories.htm

Cheers,

Rob

Wavytone
08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
ADm, yes, also:
http://www.altairastro.com/mounting_hardware.htm

acropolite
08-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I know the feeling, I'm like that when HRH watches people suffering on medical shows. Good to hear your toy is not permanently damaged.:thumbsup:

Phil
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Houghy im in the dark hear. What did you do to the scope Houghy.
Phil

sheeny
08-11-2008, 08:10 PM
That's good news Dave!

Al.

Terry B
08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Ask these guys re the dovetail plate.
http://www.starstuff.com.au/index.html

seeker372011
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Glad to hear there was no terminal damage

I simply purchased a vixen style dovetail from Andrews and mounted the tube rings on that-this means that it wont go with mounting rings into the case but I can live with that..I keep the dovetail and rings stored separately-and just store the OTA without handle in the case

fits just fine on an EQ6

Omaroo
09-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Good news David. Good news..... :clap:

h0ughy
09-11-2008, 09:51 AM
lets just ay that during the balancing process the whole top assembly fell off the mount and onto the ground. The marks where i did up the bracket are in the cast steel piece the the mount screws onto and holds- it bent and allowed the scope to fall free. That problem has now been rectified.

h0ughy
09-11-2008, 08:04 PM
thanks for the accessories links guys. i like the idea of the AASM dual mount head replacement. I can use the existing gear i have and the losmandy mount bars:thumbsup:

RB
10-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Great news Dave, glad it was fixed.
Will you be coming to the pony club to try it out?

Would be great to catch up....plus you owe me one !

:)

h0ughy
10-11-2008, 12:03 PM
http://www.admaccessories.com/ADM%20Products/DUAL-SAD-EQG.htm this is the adapter plate I have ordered (2 of) one for the eq6 and one for the heq5pro (they are 2 different puck sizes). RB no guarantees at this stage, our anniversary is on the weekend of the 28th, and the week before the moon is still up?

gbeal
10-11-2008, 12:18 PM
When has this ever stopped you, LOL.

madwayne
10-11-2008, 01:10 PM
David

Good to hear that all is well with the 127. I was very concerned for you up at Lostock.

Now can you do something about the cloud so we can all get back to imaging.....pleeeeaaaase.

Cheers

Wayne

HandyAndy
11-11-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad the OTA was tough enough to cope. I dropped a brand new Nagler once so I know the feeling.

I am comparing the Meade plate with a Vixen one. The difference is the Meade is missing the cross webbing underneath in the middle supporting the centre where the locking screw bears on to the aluminium casting. Perhaps somewhere on the line a difference for copyright reasons, but not the best place to make a change.

I will be using the real Vixen plate in place of the supplied plate for now.

I will inform my supplier about the difference and see if Meade will issue a new plate.

If you had suffered damage maybe you could have used 'not fit for purpose' to obtain a replacement.

Cheers. Andrew.

Hagar
11-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear everything will be in working order David. I am going to fit some extra bits to my EQ6 after your incident.