PDA

View Full Version here: : dismounting a C8 from the fork mount!

glynn
05-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I want to take my old C8 tube from the fork mount. Can anyone tell me the easy way? I'm not sure if I need to undo the four screws on the tube brackets, or the central alan key at the pivot point.:shrug:

Lester
05-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi David,

I have a orange C8 that is mid 1970's vintage and to remove the fork arms I had to take out the four screws (2 on each side) on the end of the arms. The tube then just slides out of the arms.

glynn
05-11-2008, 08:25 PM
thanks Lester. I have the ultima C8 and the bracket seems to refuse to let the tube slide out due to the curved nature. Also there is a lip on the bracket preventing the corrector plate from sliding out the other way.

shredder
05-11-2008, 09:26 PM
David,

On the older models, and I doubt its different on the newer ones, you have to take off one of the form arms, otherwise as you found, you can not side the tube out due to the curvature and also the lip/end caps.

glynn
07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi Lester. Thanks for the info. "We have lift off!" I had trouble finding the right size allen key but with a bit of a grunt it came off. Now to reassemble the tube on my new Go-to Heq5-pro mount and back to the skies.
Clear views,
David