PDA

View Full Version here: : not so smart

Brian W
25-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi all, I posted this problem in the beginners section but I thought I would try here also.

Lately I have noticed that I was not getting my collimation as accurate as I had been so I decided to adjust the secondary on my Meade 8" LightBridge. I adjusted it right out of whack.

Could any one suggest a site that will walk Mr. Clumsy through the process that does not require me to have all the proper tools. All I have is a collimation cap.

Brian:doh:

GazzMeister
25-10-2008, 08:28 PM
G'day

One of the best I've heard of is http://www.andysshotglass.com/. It's got a video walkthrough, very helpfull.

Regards,

Gareth

Brian W
25-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Gareth, I quit drinking more than 20 years ago (the nose was complaining about hitting the floor so often) so going to a place with 'shot glass' in its name would never have occurred to me. But you were right, twice through the movie and everything I was doing bassakwards was obvious.

Thanks for the heads up it really helped.:)
Brian

erick
26-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Just note that in the shots of the primary mirror end, when Andy is talking about adjusting the collimation screws, he certainly appears to have his fingers on one of the lock screws instead of a collimating screw?