PDA

View Full Version here: : Calling for article submissions!

iceman
26-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Hey guys.

Just another reminder for some of the newer members, i'm after your contributions for the IceInSpace site Projects & DIY (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/?projects) and Reviews (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/?reviews) pages.

If you've recently bought some gear or accessories and have some thoughts about it, I'd love for you to write an objective review about it, so that others can benefit from your experience. Include pictures as necessary, put it in a word doc, zip it up and email it to me. Please don't be concerned that it won't be good enough, you never know unless you give it a shot!

If you've recently made something, or if you have some technique or expertise in a particular area then I'd love for you to share it by writing a how-to article. Again, a word document supplemented with pictures, guides etc, would be excellent.

We need more content in these areas of the site, as it's those areas that people will keep coming back to see, it's those areas where the content will get picked up by search engines and people will discover the site that way.

So I encourage and welcome your contributions.

Thanks

davidpretorius
26-08-2005, 08:50 AM
will have

1. the afocal comparisons when the last adapter arrives in 3 weeks
2. usb stepper motor driver in 1 week
3. motorizing dob / mick pinner's dob mount / wombat centre bearing / el's focusser combos in hopefully 2 to 3 weeks

avandonk
03-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi iceman would you like me to write a word document setting out in logical detail the design reasoning and construction of my novel guidescope.Obviously I am open to any suggestions that would improve the design.I tried to keep it simple so anyone could make it with ordinary tools.
It is my intention to share with others any good ideas I come up with.
I am recently retired from nearly forty years in scientific research,and have seen the scientific community go from sharing knowledge to confidentiality clauses and patenting everything in sight.
It is only now I have the time to get back to my real interests,one of them Astronomy in all its facets.

Regards Bert
avandonk

iceman
03-09-2005, 01:46 PM
That'd be great avandonk, I think it would make for a great and interesting read.

avandonk
03-09-2005, 02:29 PM
I will start on Monday at 0900H usual starting time.Now which computer do I have Word on?