PDA

View Full Version here: : Moonlite CR2....

EzyStyles
30-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Ouchhh, the exchange rate doesn't look all that good but i finally found a focuser which bolts directly into my Celestron NGT10 scope rather than cutting it after many months of searching. Anyone had any bad/good experience with these?

cheers

h0ughy
30-09-2008, 07:47 PM
yep have one on the vixen and just bought the motorised version for the 127ed refractor. make sure you get the locking screw - its a optional extra

EzyStyles
30-09-2008, 09:12 PM
thanks houghy. Ibought one secondhand from AM as seen in the pics. i dont think that has the locking screw? i suspect its got a main setscrew which locks the focuser inplace anyway?

h0ughy
30-09-2008, 09:53 PM
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/attachment_browse.php?a=35353 see this for the answer - what you think wont work it has to be the focus lock - locks the shaft

EzyStyles
30-09-2008, 11:00 PM
bummer.. think it will sustain a DSLR without slipping with no locking screw?

h0ughy
30-09-2008, 11:08 PM
absolutely not - it will slip and you of all people know that focus gets critical LOL. i forgot to order mine first up - i actually missed it in the order form. i sent it back to be fitted - cost me extra but it was worth it. You could email to see if they will retrofit for you? or sell this one and save for the next one - -with all the bells and whistles:whistle:

EzyStyles
30-09-2008, 11:26 PM
:( :( been waiting for months for a focuser to come up on AM don't have one at all right now as i have sold my JMI. too late as i have paid the seller on AM :( . according to moonlites website:

The dual rate Tri-knob option is a 2-speed configuration with a regular knob on one side and a fine and coarse knob on the other. Both coarse knobs are 1.2" OD, and the fine knob is 1" in size. The fine knob uses an oversized 8 to 1 reduction unit featuring a preloaded, all ball bearing planetary reduction design that has no backlash or play. The inline unit can simple be rolled by the slightest touch of your finger to make very fine focus movements plus has an auto brake when focus is stopped. No scope wiggles here and perfect collimation plus an 5 lb weight capacity make this option ideal for typical visual or imaging use. The fine knob is on the right by default, but can be made a lefty if needed. If increased lifting capacity is needed, please consider one of our motor options below. The motor option give the CR focuser a 8 lb lifting capacity rating. $100 option.

ideal for typical visual or imaging use. Are they referring to a Meade DSI or a Toucam? or unless maybe i can drill a hole on the turning knob and put a screw in to hold it? *shurgs*

Geoff45
03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
I've just ordered one of these 2.5" focusers (http://www.focuser.com/cgi-bin/dman.cgi?page=category&plugin=dstore.cgi&category=2)for my refractor. They claim a 10 lb (4.2 kg) vertical lift with the dc motor and Rigel Systems control.
Not cheap, and more expensive than 2 months ago.