PDA

View Full Version here: : Saxon 12~36 X 70 Zoom Binoculars.

toetoe
24-08-2005, 08:34 AM
I finaly got a chance to test these binoculars out early last night after having them since last Friday. Like all binoculars, a good sturdy mount is needed to help with the movement when viewing. A good tripod would be a must for binoculars of this type with the zoom feature. I found the balance of the binoculars where quite good no matter where i held them. The nice rubber finish has a very nice feel and helps with the grip while viewing. The diopter adjustment works very well and the central focusing wheel is very smooth to adjust. The tension on the barrels when adjusting for eye distance is firm but smooth at the same time. The rubber eye cups are comfortable and can be folded back if needed. The zoom lever is around the right hand eye piece and i found it to be positioned well for adjustment using your right hand index finger. Zoom adjustment is smooth and gave very good results after refocusing.
These binoculars will make a good companion with your telescope and for the person with no telescope, a set of these binoculars will give you many hours of enjoyable viewing at a reasonable price.

h0ughy
31-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Glad you like them!

dhumpie
31-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I find the 70mm Chinese binocs to be the best compromise between light gathering and hand holdability. Hope you enjoy your new binocs.

Darren