PDA

View Full Version here: : EQ6 Hibernate Mode?

Matty P
19-09-2008, 09:20 PM
As the title states, I was wondering if there is some kind of hibernate mode on the EQ6?

The reason I ask this is because once my observatory is completed, the EQ6 will be permanently mounted on a pier and I was hoping at the end of a imaging session. I will be able to put the EQ6 into hibernation and when I return next time, it will remember all the settings including the alignment saving me time.

Is this possible? :shrug:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

leon
19-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Matty, this probably won't be very helpful, but, I know the G11 and Gemini remembers where its been, but not sure on your EQ6.

I'm sure someone here will spring to attention soon and help you answer that question.

Leon

Matty P
19-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks Leon, :)

I rememeber with my Celestron Alt-Az mount there was a Hibernate function. I'm hoping that there is one with the EQ6.

:thumbsup:

Babalyon 5
19-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure as I'm new to EQ6 mounts and EQMOD, however, I think that when you park your EQ6 with EQMOD, it remembers your alignment and then you can just arc it up and go for it. I like EQMOD as it gives a huge range of functionality to the EQ series telescopes which really do lack supportive hand box software.
EQMOD (http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/)
Good luck!:hi:

alan meehan
19-09-2008, 10:09 PM
matty,just go to park scope in the home position and it will slew and park ready for next time you use it.
Alan

Tandum
19-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Don't you need to do an allignment to make it start tracking ?

bluescope
19-09-2008, 10:39 PM
As Alan said when you finish your session you simply park the mount to home position ready for next time ! You can also park it to a custom position if you prefer if your scope won't fit under your obs roof etc. You will find PARK in your Utilities menu on your handset.

Just input the correct time/date when you start up again and your EQ6 will slew to your selected object no worries Matt.

Observatory class mounts have hibernate modes and they generally cost a lot more than your EQ6.

bluescope
19-09-2008, 10:40 PM
No Robin !

Matty P
19-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Thankyou for your help guys and the quick replies. I really appreciate it. :)