PDA

View Full Version here: : Sirius Observatories 2.3m

HCR32
14-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I've been looking at this observator for some time now trying to research if its worth the value in realestate for my backyard. My questions are:

Is 2.3m enough room to move around in if its house a 10" rcx ?

Is it an easy kit to put together.

Are there any other companys out there in OZ that supply observatories, except for pod and astro dome.

If anyone has the asnwers and any other type of useful information for me on this topic it would be great if you can reply.

Peter Ward
14-09-2008, 12:17 PM
The 2.3 meter is plenty big enough for up to about a 14" SCT/RCOS

Assembly is a one person job, except for lifting the dome onto the walls, two large blokes can do this with ease.

No other Oz suppliers exist, except for Sirius, Astrodome, POD and their agents (that I am aware of)

Sirius has a distinct advantage in that is automated systems (optional) are supported by Cyanogen, so integration of MaxDome II and Boltwood is a snap.

My dome http://www.atscope.com.au/BRO/bardenridgeobs.html
is now about 16 years old, and still functions very well.

Blue Skies
14-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I know someone with a 12" SCT on a pier in a 2.3m Sirius dome and there is oodles of room to spare inside, its quite roomy.

Gama
14-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Astrodomes can also be automated using the same Cyanogen controller..
It comes down to your choice of preference and style, and of course price.

Theo.

peter brown
14-09-2008, 11:23 PM
I have just had erected a 3.5m Sirius observatory on a professionally built platform. I house an Meade LX200GPS 10" on a ultrawedge.
It was wifes idea to get the larger one and I really enjoy the extra space and the solar powered exhaust vent running 24/7
Sirius in Clontaff give great service and a great kit observatory

Peter B:thumbsup:

Gama
16-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Yikes !, i'd be very carefull Peter, your Misses may have other ideas about you and the new dome.. She hasnt started packing any of your bags yet has she ?.

LOOKOUT.

Theo.

HCR32
16-09-2008, 09:45 PM
lol I better start the big burn eh. ;)