PDA

View Full Version here: : EQ6 hand controller problem

peter_4059
08-09-2008, 09:51 PM
:help::help::help::help::help::help ::help::help::help::help::help::hel p::help:

Tonight my EQ6 synscan hand controller started playing up when I went to park the scope. It looks like a number of the buttons on the left hand side of the keypad are not responding including the ESC, 1 and 2 buttons. The other buttons seem to be working fine.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

Please tell me there is a simple fix!!!!!

Peter

garin
08-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Peter,
Have you tried doing a firmware update?
At least this will help you find out if it is a hardware or software problem.

What version software was it ? I had heard the V3.22 did have some lockup issues.

Also I did have problems installing firmware with a USB/serial convertor with the original firmware loader but that appears fixed with firmware loader V2.8

Good luck
Garin

iceman
09-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Only some buttons work? That's odd! :shrug:

I had a problem with the cable in general - some pins had become disconnected with the poor soldering job. But it was a fairly easy fix, just getting the right pinouts.

peter_4059
09-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Mike, I was thinking the same thing - perhaps it's dodgy connections within the HC?

I'm a bit reluctant to embark on the firmware update in case I need to use any of the faulty keys as part of the update process.

Peter

iceman
09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Peter,
Here's my thread (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=33656). You can search for pinouts as well to reconnect them if they've come undone.

It's pretty easy to pull apart the serial connector to the mount and check it.