PDA

View Full Version here: : Moon Phase and Twilight Calculations

RapidEye
19-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Heyya guys - I love the site.:love:
The "Moon Phase" page with all of the twilight info for the week is a super bonus!!!

One nit...:confuse3:
I configured the User CP to set everything for Eastern US time and to autodetect DST. For the forums areas, everything works perfect.

When I get to the Moon Phase page, it properly shows the time zone, but doesn't take DST into account. So right now it shows me as -5 GMT (EST) instead of -4 GMT (EDT).

This error shows up across the entire page: the top for the "current moon" info and in all the tables under it.

Dunno if you guys use DST down under or not, and if you do, it probably isn't in effect for this time of year anyway. So this probably only effects the handful of us on the other side of the equator.

Anyway - its not a big deal to add an hour in my head for 6 months out of the year, so I'm not complaining. Just letting you know that all is not quite perfect with the page.

Thanks again for what is a nice little community site - keep up the great work!!!:thumbsup:

mojo
19-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Glad you like it. DST didn't even occur to me. I'll fix that in version 4 of that page.

We do. Starts end of october. But if you ask me, it should be in effect all year 'round.

RapidEye
19-08-2005, 12:43 PM
GAH!!! :scared2:
No way!
Around here, it doesn't reach astronomical darkness until after 10:00 PM for about 2 months during the summer. I get up pretty early in the morning so I can hit the gym before work, so during the week I usually have to be in bed, lights out, no later than 11:30.

DST puts a pretty big crimp in my observing time during the summer :violin:

Anyway - thanks for listening the feedback!