PDA

View Full Version here: : Guide scope

keppar
29-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi
I am new to astrology and need some assistance please,I have just purchased a Megrez 90 APO as my main scope and as I would like to get into astrophotography I would like a guide scope . I can purchase a Orion short tube 80 at a good price ,would this be acceptable or could you recommend something else, not to pricey preferred. Also I will be needing a mount and considering a HEQ5 would this be alright for the above setup (scope + guide scope +DSLR etc) weight wise
Thanks you Guys

TrevorW
29-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi Keppar

The word is astronomy not astrology, please don't mess the two up some may not like it.

As a guide scope I suggest a good 60mm F/7 or F/8 ED scope that will accept a right angle diagonal and EP's to compliment your 90 APO I don't know where you are located but there are a number available.

A HEQ5 would easily accomodate your scopes and camera.

Cheers

Merlin66
29-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Also consider adding a flip mirror to the guide scope (instead of the diagonal). This allows you to look through the scope, find and centre a guide star and the "flip" over to a webcam/ LPI to start guiding. Makes the job a lot easier than swapping eyepieces/ webcam.