PDA

View Full Version here: : Lxd75/55 or Roboscope Check in

bert
24-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I have a CG5 running 497 autostar and meade ds motors, unfortunately I am having trouble with the goto function.

On powering the unit up and starting the easy align it usually pick rigel kentaurus (alpha centaurus) and points the ota at the ground. Usually the right ascension is right and the dec has to be moved from pointing at the ground to the sky. The second alignment star is also ra close but declination way off.

After alignment when I try to goto something its usually in the finder but nowhere near in the telescope, and it usually gets worse over a night.

Polar alignment is spot on.

Has any lxd or roboscope owners had any similar issues:sadeyes:

Brett

bmitchell82
25-08-2008, 04:13 PM
hey there,

Now i know nothing of your scope set up.... But.... running meade lx200R I had to train the motors both in RA and Dec. for a start ide do the auto align and then i would pick the easiest thing... Jupiter and it would be a good 90 deg off and really not even in the ball park for azmith... as soon as i trained the drives. YEOW BEWDIE it would drop a small fuzzy like the Triffid neb in the center of the ep... like everybody always says, RTFM is a great option but talking to people that tell you what to look for is soooo much better!

pvelez
25-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I had a similar problem with my LXD75 - I took it back to Bintel as it was straight out of the box. Don told me later that the head was as crook as Rookwood and needed to be replaced.

It worked a treat after that.

Pete