PDA

View Full Version here: : Scope cases

beren
22-08-2008, 06:16 PM
:)Picked up some cases for my gear today, finally out of cardboard boxes :P If your in Perth I can recommend Images Alloy Cases (http://www.imagealloycases.com.au/aluminium.html) , the owner was a pleasure to deal with. I was pretty impressed how after the initial measuring up everything was spot on when the cases where collected. Apart from custom cases they sell pelican gear and generic hard plastic cases plus custom foam insets. Also got them to add some Velcro straps inside for silica gel canisters that I brought from here
Jake's marketplace (http://www.jakesmp.com/CSD_Silica_Gel/CSD_Silica_004_M.html).

RB
22-08-2008, 06:23 PM
They look fantastic Stuart !!!
I'll have to check this guy out.

I bet it's such a relief to get the gear out of cardboard boxes hah?
How heavy is the EM200 case with the counterweights?
Looks quite heavy.

Thanks for the heads up.

beren
22-08-2008, 06:39 PM
:) Thanks Andrew........:P thought someone would pick that up, yes the mount case is pretty heavy I think I will empty out the weights before lifting :lol: The prices through Alloy cases wont be the cheapest out there but service and quality is top notch.

mick pinner
22-08-2008, 06:58 PM
very nice Stuart, looks thoroughly professional.

Ian Robinson
22-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Some big aluminium cases in Bunnings that , lined with high density foam and rubber , would be OK as scope and GEM cases.

Cheap as chips too.

RB
22-08-2008, 07:56 PM
LOL, I keep coming back to sneak another look *drool* at your scopes Stuart.
A great collection mate.
I love how they all look so snug'n'safe.

AlexN
22-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Yes... Very Very cool!

What size is that Celestron? 8" /9.25"? that no doubt would have been a very expensive case...

beren
22-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Cheers :thumbsup: Yeah Mick a pro finish, unfortunately you cant see in the pic how the foam is cut {depthways} to match both scope,clamshells and set screws....think its a pretty good effort from one set up and measure :)

:P;) Thanks RB

Thanks Alex its a C9.25, for me anyway when you consider the cost of the scope the money spent on a decent protective case is worthwhile :)

AlexN
22-08-2008, 11:37 PM
If you wouldnt mind my asking, how much was that one, and the one your mount is in? I agree completely, protecting the gear is of the utmost importance...

rogerg
25-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Very nice cases Stuart. Thanks for the link to the local pace too, I looked a while back (year or two) and gave up trying to find someone local.