PDA

View Full Version here: : Sky-watcher Eyepiece Set?

Crusader
10-08-2008, 07:23 AM
I came across the Sky-Watcher LER eyepiece set, which I'm considering to get for my Orion XT10.

It seems to be an excellent package for the price (converts to 171.796 AUD). The thing is, I don't have any experience with Sky-watcher eyepieces or know whether they would be good enough quality.

Anyone used them before?

dannat
10-08-2008, 09:15 AM
what eyepieces do you already have with thw xt10?

not very many people would use ep's less than 6mm, and the 2mm in your scope would give 500X mag i think (fl1000mm or is it 1200mmm?) which might not be very useful

I would advise buying maybe two, a planetary around 6-9mm, and a scanning ep around 17-20mm, and buying higher quality. If you want good eye relief look at the WO spl series (i have the 6mm & it is a good planetary ep), baader hyperion, or vixen LV range. I think you would be happier with them.
If you want to go cheaper look for an orthoscopic ep for planets, there s a japanese retailer who sells at very competitive prices http://www.kkohki.com/English/kkohkiparts.html

Crusader
10-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I already have a 25mm and 10mm that came with the XT10 (1200mm fl). I'm aware that the 2mm would basically be useless. The problem is that importing EP isn't an option for me at this stage. Over here you basically only get Orion, Meade, Celestron and Sky-watcher eyepieces so there isn't much choice.

Globular3
11-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi Crusader,

I can vouch for the 10mm and 20mm ep's., they are fantastic. I would consider buying other Skywatcher ep's too. The 2mm would be only for a short focal length scope. Check out some prices on Andrews Communications in Sydney and see how good the bargain is, I think one ep is about $49.00.

All the best,

Glob.

PCH
17-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Hi Crusader,

I recently got the Baader Hyperion 8-24mm click zoom from OptCorp in California for just $215 plus postage (about $30 to Western Australia). Although I haven't had chance to test it yet, these do come very well recommended.

Cheers :thumbsup: