PDA

View Full Version here: : ASNSW new moon weekend

montewilson
07-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Hi Guys - Here is a compilation of people and their equipment from the last new moon weekend at our dark sky site 2.5 hours from Sydney.

The weather on Friday and Saturday nights was not on our side but the fireplace, wine and good company kept spirits up and as the sky looked pretty good on Sunday morning most of the imagers rang their wives and came up with all manner of good excuses for staying one more night.

It was good to have Strongman Mike join us. He makes the most of the dark skies there. He got into an argument with a tree - I think the pictures show who won. It was handy to have him help me empty my astro ute. I bought a ute. My truck is not much fun to drive more than 100km, I run out of ass before I run out of gas.

The pictures show Rob Greaves TOA-150 on an AP1200, my FSQ-106 with STL-11000m, Mike Berthon Jones CGE with SCT, Mulitweb Marc getting ice off his car and some pictures to show how cold it got on Sunday night.

In the past, this site hasn't been suited to Astrophotography but a power system has been installed and we are increasing the accommodation too.

iceman
07-08-2008, 06:41 PM
That's fantastic news, Monte! Great pics.

Bassnut
07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
LOL, wish I had been there, looks cold though, eek. Hope Michael Samerski actually got an actual, real, pic or 2 :thumbsup:

montewilson
07-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Mr Samerski did OK too.

Dennis
08-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the pics Monte – a bewildering array of superb equipment! You just can’t keep Mike down eh? Even though a retired strongman, he just couldn’t resits a bit of log lifting – LOL!

Nice pic of the ice tendrils on the switch/controller! Brrrrrr.

Cheers

Dennis