PDA

View Full Version here: : Anyone use the LPI as an autoguider?

rumples riot
17-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone else uses the LPI as an autoguider with their LX200? I have finally got it to take shots of faint stars at about 2 second intervals, but have found that I am still getting star trails. The connection is verified and everyting seems to be working, but how do I know if it is sending the right information to the scope. The co-ordinates box shows the info in x and y yet i still have this problem. How do I get it to do its job properly, I have read the manual several times, am missing something. I want to be able to use it so I don't have to hand guide all the time.

Paul

[1ponders]
17-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Are you trying to autoguide and image with the LPI at the same time Paul?

gbeal
18-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Hi Paul,
can't help you with the specifics of the LPI and LX200.
I use a ToUcam, unmodded, and either K3CCD Tools or freeware like IRIS. Both give me an indication that all is well, with K3 giving a graph, and IRIS giving a crosshair.
Given the LPI is a webcam probably, is it worth trying it with either K3, or IRIS (or Guidedog for that matter)?
Gary

beren
18-12-2004, 09:46 AM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/autostarsuite/files/Patches/

Its a link to a patch upgrade by a member at the autosuite yahoo group to aid autoguiding in alt mode .....might help , good luck.

[1ponders]
18-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Paul,

I'm don't think that you can use the LPI as an imager and use it as an autoguider at the same time. Or am I misreading your post

Paul

iceman
18-12-2004, 03:51 PM
I think he's planning to use the LPI as guider and the D70 to take the shots.

[1ponders]
18-12-2004, 08:25 PM
IC :)

rumples riot
19-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Mike is right, I want to use the LPI purely as the autoguider and so far I have got the image going, but there seems to be a problem with the speed to the scope.

Thanks Aragorn for the link will check it out.

Thanks all for the imput. Will let you know of my progress. Not sure if this will work in alt-az mode, but it does seem to indicate in the manual that it is possible in this setup.