PDA

View Full Version here: : Atlux

Ian Robinson
03-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Just heard that it has arrived , been thoroughly checked by the techs and will be at my place SOON !!!! :D

Guess I'd better get my didget out and rebuild that 10" newt OTA , got all the bits and pieces so just need to trim the tube, cut some holes , assemble and collimate , and I then have something worthwhile putting on top it.

Now just waiting on my 40D and lenses , and the Orion Autoguider , and some clear cloudless nights .

Nutcase next door REALLY flipped his lid last night , his behaviour was so bad :screwy:it sounded like someone was being murdered next door for most the evening , so bad that I called 000 to get the cops to attend (at 3am) , never got wink of sleep last night and he was taken away at 6:30am , bit of luck he'll be sectioned and wont be allowed back out for a very long time .

bindibadgi
03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Quick, take out his light while he's away. :evil:

Ian Robinson
03-06-2008, 08:52 PM
That evil thought has crossed my mind .... :D , will wait til everyone has gone to bed (if I can keep the eyes pried open that long .... very tired) .

Ian Robinson
05-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Woopeee !!!!

It's here !!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: D:D

Got home and found 3 boxes on the loungeroom floor waiting for me .

Opened the big box and found a beast in there , OMG it's a monster !!!:scared::whistle: it's huge.

I haven't lifted it out of the box yet , I might need a crane :) .

The dovetail adapter fits my dovetails (that's a good start).

The tripod looks pretty solid .

Can't see any 12VDC power cables so far , maybe they are under the GEM .

The guy next door is still not back :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D , took 5 big brawny cops 3 hours to subdue him , and they had to sedate and restrain him to get him out of his house (after breaking in) ,and he's in the looney bin (hopefully they'll never let him out again).
Peace is bliss , and a dark back yard is nice too , too bad the weather has been awful.
His neighbours on the other side have been getting stalked and threatened by him and they too have now taken an AVO out on him.

Bit of luck he'll take the hint and go away if he ever gets released from the looney bin.

g__day
06-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Good luck getting the starbook fully up to date with the latest firmware and the learning curve that comes with a new hand controller. Don't give up - all I can say is tough it out and great luck with your recent acquisition!

Ian Robinson
06-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I shall take it slowly and methodically like I aways do when learning new things.

Haven't powered up the Starbook or Atlux yet . Once I get the power cable , I'll probably do the downloads and then get used to navigating and using the Starbook before I take the Atlux outside and put a telescope ontop of it.
(Did I say I was upgrading my 10" Newt and it's currently in pieces ?).

It's out of the box and ontop of the tripod ., makes the old CG5 look like a toy !!!! ... it's pretty heavy to lift (I found that out last night when I moved ir out of the loungeroom into the spare bedroom (where most my telescope stuff currently hangs out when I'm not using it , running out of space in there (might have to disable the bed that's in there)).... I've not added the counterweights yet (that box isn't opened yet).

ericsolo
11-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Ian, have you had a chance to evaluate the GoTo accuracy of the Atlux/Starbook?

Thanks

Eric

g__day
11-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Be interested to hear how well it's gone for you! Piccys please too!