PDA

View Full Version here: : Baader Hyperions/Televue Dioptrx

UniPol
18-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I tried out my 2.00 Televue Dioptrx last night on a set of Hyperions EP's and to my amazement fitted them rather well. For those who don't know, the Televue Dioptrx is designed for people who suffer from astigmatism and attaches to the top of the eyepiece by twisting the eyecup and base piece in opposite directions to clamp it. The Dioptrx fits certain Naglers, Panoptics and all Radians, no need to wear glasses anymore. I had thought about contact lenses but it all seemed too much bother and cost not to mention the risk of eye infections or irritations.

The Dioptrx is amazing, just rotate it until the view becomes crisp. The Dioptrx isn't cheap but certainly cheaper than contacts.

Cheers
Steve B

PeteMo
20-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the update.
I could have done with knowing about these Dioptics a few month as ago, and saved myself $360 for a 6 month pack of contact lenses.

My main reason for getting contact lenses was for astronomy, so I was not limited to using eyepieces with good eye relief for specs. When alone, I tend to view without my specs and adjust the focus to correct for myopia. This is great for me, but gives blurred views for other users.

acropolite
20-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Does that mean it precisely fitted the screw thread, or almost fitted, or had to be held in place with Blu Tac..:confuse3:

UniPol
21-05-2008, 04:45 PM
The Dioptrx has a plastic 'C' clip which positions itself in the Televue's EP groove where the rubber eyecup is placed however the Hyperion has a screw thread and small groove. When the Dioptrx eyecup and base are rotated in opposite directions the C clip compresses i.e. the C clip locates itself in the TV's groove while the Dioptrx's C clip compresses itself onto the thread. It just so happens that the diameters are about the same. The bottom line is that it works and the Dioptrx doesn't come off :thumbsup:.

Cheers, Steve B