PDA

View Full Version here: : HEQ5 - Synscan question

tnbk00
16-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Does anyone have mapped out, the stars that come up after the first star is selected during alignment......if this doesn't make any sense, I will do it and post what I meant later.

Merlin66
16-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I've prepared a complete listing of all the stars in the Synscan controller for use with AstroPlanner.
With this listing AP can then control the subsequent GOTO's, display which stars are above your local horizon, their alt/az and show them on the in-built map or even display them in CdC.
I can provide a text/ excel dump of this list, if it would help, but I'd strongly recommend using AP for all observing. A great program.

tnbk00
16-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah not quite what im looking for.

More like If i select Acrux which stars will be available next etc

Merlin66
16-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Sorry, I don't understand the question.
As per the procedure on page 6 of the manual, you can select the first and subsequent alignment stars from the list by using the scroll keys. This will bring up all the currently visible and available stars in the database.
What additional info are you looking for? Which stars are on the list? Which stars are available? the best available alignment stars?

tnbk00
16-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Ahhh it was a RTFM question then. I assumed that it had a predetermined list of stars as opposed to what was visible at the time.. I guess it was somewhat smarter than I gave it credit for...

Thanks