PDA

View Full Version here: : New scope

Stevo69
29-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Due to circumstances on the homefront, I had to stop my dob project. It was a tough decision as I have invested so much time and money into the project. Now, thanks to a generous family member, they have provided me with enough funds in the 2008 budget for a new "off-the-shelf" scope to satisfy my yearning for the sky. A brief 2-day research on the internet, some phone calls and a spark of enthusiasm, I placed an order with Bintel for a LX200 ACF 10". This is a birthday present. I think there will be many questions here on IIS in the foreseeable future. I look forward to many enjoyable hours with the new scope.

Ohhh, so many extras and add-ons. :whistle: I could go stupid in the accessory department, but the good folk at Bintel, Melbourne, will keep me in line (I hope) :whistle:

PCH
29-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Good on yer Steve,

... what a terrific birthday present. I'm still trying to convince the enemy that I should have one of those for my birthday. Any birthday will do as long as I can have it now :P

Look forward to hearing how it goes:thumbsup:

Cheers,

JethroB76
29-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Glad to hear things are turning around for you mate. An LX200 eh? Noice!

netwolf
29-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Congrats Steve, you may wish to consider some nice LX200 and LX200R's on sale right here on IIS, while new is better. Old usually comes with many accessories thrown in for free.

renormalised
30-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Really nice scope, mate. You're going to love it:)

Hope everything starts to look up from now on for you. Hey, don't put the dob out to pasture, just put the project on hold till things get better:)

Stevo69
30-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Thank you all. The Dob project has found a new home and one day it's parts will surface in the form of a new Dob somewhere.