PDA

View Full Version here: : How much does EQ5 weigh?

csb
15-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi

Could someone please tell me how much does the eq5 mount with steel legs actually weigh?

I have checked many sites, dealers & manufacturers, but can't find accurate info.

Skywatcher, Celestron & Bintel don't have mount weight.

York Optical have contradictory and confusing info.

I just bought the HEQ5 Pro but it's way:lol: too heavy & awkward for my backyard scenario - I'm built on the side of a gully and from house to ground is 2 flights of stairs.

Andrews will allow me to exchange the mount. They don't know the weight of the eq5 and are going to weigh a mount for me.

This post may be quicker.

Also anyone in Adelaide considering buying a mount, NEVER used & only removed from box for a few seconds. Save on postage ($40). Andrews price $1050.

Kokatha man
15-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi -

Stainless steel legged tripod weight: 5.6 Kgms

Mount weight (without counterweights): 10 Kgms

Counterweights: 2 x 5.1 Kgms

Cheers, Darryl.

csb
15-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey, NOT the HEQ5!! :) And that seems a bit light.

And if someone wants the mount I received, only $1000 (warranty card not completed either).

Kokatha man
16-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Sorry Craig, I misinterpreted; but that is the HEQ5 Pro's weights: sounds like you'd better beef up on your weet-bix, even if you're wanting to scale down to an EQ5 with steel legs!

I've got a free standing deck I built, 4 metres up, that I take this up to at the moment; but of course I assemble it in situ!

Cheers, Darryl.