PDA

View Full Version here: : Help, Televue 85 & Robo focus

Zuts
09-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone mounted a robo focus unit to a televue 85, 101 etc. The motor will fit the focus shaft ok but not sure how i can secure the motor to the OTA. I contacted robo focus and they said they had sold a few for tv85's and that it would fit the shaft but had no idea how it was secured.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
Paul

Zuts
09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi Guys,

I guess this was aways going to be a hard ask as it's not a common combination. Anyway, unless anyone has some last minute comments I think i will go ahead and order it :).

Paul

gbeal
10-04-2008, 05:32 AM
While I would be pointing you in another direction, there is a large fan base out there for the Robo unit, and it will work with virtually any scope. Getting the mechanics to come together is a matter of using a bit of Kiwi ingenuity, or your case Ozzie ingenuity, and adapting a suitable bracket. A metal-working acquaintance would be helpful.
Gary

Zuts
10-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi Gary,

I went for the robo as i saw one on a FSQ106 at the SPSP and the owner claimed he could get good focus in 30 seconds, also i dont have to remove the original focuser. The price is not bad as well.

The tv85 is pretty clean but there are some screws holding the rack and pinion so i can probably mount a bracket there. I can get decent focus at the moment but the problem is i never know if i have best focus. If this unit gives me consistant reasonable results then I will be very happy indeed.

Anyway I have paid for it so it should be here next week :)

Paul

gbeal
10-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Paul,
yep, you will love it. With my unit (Feather Touch and Digital Drive) using FocusMax I have no problem at all, and it really is stunning. It pays to check it, and there are some tricks I believe, but by and large it automates the whole process.
Regards,
Gary

Zuts
11-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi Gary,

Yes I hope it works out. Completely irrelevant I know, but I just got an email saying it shipped Fedex and when I looked up the tracking number the starting location was sunny Honolulu ......

Paul