PDA

View Full Version here: : I'm finding the Synscan for the EQ5 a little limited.

White Rabbit
30-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Compared to the Meade 497 controller the Synscan is a little lacking in the feature department. Is it me? Is it because I dont know how to navigate this controller?

On the meade I could hit "?" and it would give you a lot of info on what your were looking at. The synscan does the same but with no where near the amount of detail. There seems to be more missing that just that but we'll start there.

I never thought i'd say it but I think I might just miss the meade controller, dont get me wrong the mount is A++ but the controller needs some development.

Agree/Disagree?

Sandy

gbeal
31-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Are the motors similar, or the same. I don't have either of the mounts you are talking about, nor much knowledge on either of them, but recalled where some had used Meade motors etc on the Vixen clone mounts.
If the motors etc are similar, is there a possibility that the controllers are interchangeable as well? Pipe dream? Maybe.
Gary

Terry B
31-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I rarely use my hand controller anymore. The reason?

EQMOD

White Rabbit
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys

I'll give the meade controller a go but I doubt it will work because the the meades are generally Alt Az and not GEM's. Still it's worth a shot if I put the controller into polar mode it may work.

I'm looking into the EQMOD tonight thanks.