PDA

View Full Version here: : Anybody in the Melbourne area have a pair of Canon IS binoculars?

rmcconachy
29-03-2008, 11:35 PM
G'day,

I've been using a pair of Orion Little Giant II 15x70 binoculars for several years now and I'm looking to step up to something a little better. My Little Giants are quite sharp in the center of the field of view but fall off pretty quickly as you move outwards. Flaring on very bright objects, e.g., Jupiter, is pretty bad too. On the other hand they are very light for their size and easy to handhold which is important to me as I don't want to have to deal with a tripod for my binoculars.

I'm thinking of replacing my Little Giants with a pair of Canon 15x50 (or 18x50) IS binoculars. However, I've never had a chance to look through a pair of Canon IS binoculars before and I'm having trouble with the idea of laying down that much money sight unseen. Does anybody in the Melbourne or surrounding areas own a pair of Canon IS binoculars that I could beg a look through please? I'm happy to do the legwork (well car drive probably) to come to you at a mutually convenient time.

Thanks in advance,

- ricky

Phil
30-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi Ricky im from Rockhampton so there is no chance of you looking at these binoculars but i have the 10x30 IS and they are very good. The IS on then make life allot easier. They work better then expected. If i had the money i would buy the bigger pair. The 10x30 are on pair with 7x50. If i where you go for it you wont be disappointed.
Phil