PDA

View Full Version here: : QGuider on its way!

monoxide
18-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey guys,
i've been eyeing one of these off for quite a while now and after seeing the results Scott has produced i decided its the camera of choice for me :)

as im still deciding which way to go for a guidescope/new imaging scope (cheap achro to guide or apo to image through) i also got a set of colour filters so i can have a go at some unguided/planetary shots with the QGuider.
Anyway i'm really looking forward to it all coming together.

JohnH
19-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Congrats on the choice they are great little guide cameras ....enjoy! Mine is on a WO SD66 that does triple duty guidescope/portable scope/rich field imaging scope and I am very happy with it for that....

Perhaps you will attract some of the clouds away from Sydney ;)

rogerg
19-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I think that thread by Scott might have resulted in a few sales of the QGuide ;) I have one arriving shortly also. :D

monoxide
19-02-2008, 03:41 PM
thanks John, just as i put the payment through i heard a change was coming through, typical.. :p

Nice one Roger, these little cameras sure look like a lot of fun :)
it sure looks very sensitive too, im looking forward to using it to make a catalogue of objects that i have observed.

it will be interesting to see how it performs with the warmer weather.
i have a few plans for actively cooling it but i'll have to wait and see it in the flesh first :)

pvelez
19-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Gents,

can you please post the contact details for the distributor you bought from. I'm now tempted too. Is it Gamma?

Pete

monoxide
19-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey Pete,
i ordered mine from Theo (Gamma)
http://web.aanet.com.au/gama/

pvelez
19-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks for that. I'll give him a call

Pete