PDA

View Full Version here: : EQ 6 aoto guide USB hub power

xelasnave
15-02-2008, 11:32 PM
I have it all set up ..it should work??? all I want to do is auto guide..I have the camera(s) (two DSI's)..an eq6..a powered hub..a lap top..all the cables ..
I was not to worried up home with the problems as the weather has cept me from really getting down to a fix..but today (in Sydney) I gave it an honest go...but no go:(
But not withstanding that I have a powered hub when I try to run the mount from the lap top it says that there is a problem... and it seems to suggest that the hub is "underpowered"... could it be that the new hub does not cut it.???..that is my feeling:shrug:... any guidance as to what the best hub for the job may be?

Any tips or lead thru proceedures, sites etc greatly appreciated...
AND is there anyone is Sydney that does house calls for this sort of thing..it is driving me crazy (crazier as some may say:screwy::whistle:)...

I would like to have it at least working before I pull down the mount to fix whatever is making the noise in the drives;):sadeyes:

If nothing else please someone tell me that getting it working is not a snap:lol::lol::lol:

alex:):):)

EzyStyles
15-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Hi Alex, is your hub the powered usb hub? You can get a powered USB hub for roughly around $20-$30 with 6 usb's. I use one without any problems of loosing power.

EzyStyles
15-02-2008, 11:36 PM
opps sorry didnt read that you were using a powered usb hub. What interface adapter are you using with the DSI and the EQ6? Shoestring?

xelasnave
15-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks for your help Eric... what is an interface adapter ??? I have one cable to the hub and cables that appear to fill all the holes:lol::lol::lol: now you say I need an interface adapter ..where does it go? what does it do?

xelasnave
15-02-2008, 11:54 PM
AND if I paid for your plane tickets can you call by:lol::lol::lol:
alex

EzyStyles
16-02-2008, 12:31 AM
LOL Alex, this might help you to setup the DSI with the EQ6.

http://www.ezystyles.com.au/autoguide.html

You'll need the Shoestring adapter for autoguiding as it will trick the EQ6 mount into thinking it is a LX200.

i wouldn't mind a holiday ;)

xelasnave
16-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Thank you very much Eric... I will look at the link and book your flight.
alex

xelasnave
16-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Eric I saw all your site and I congratulate you upon your fine work with it and all your images..very impressive:thumbsup:.

I think reading about all this (rather than not read the directions and keep abreast of what I should be doing via relevent site reading) I seem to need the interface and software to emulate ...so I will do that:).

The eq6 is making disturbing noises so I am about to pull it down and see what is wrong..yes I have read about it even...

May look into new bearings, see how the mount can be improved as if it were a race bike approach....to be 100% better you only have to do 100 things 1%better:D....and I see that you can even get a better gear box...so I should be up and running within the year:lol::lol::lol:...its not easy for someone who first wrote with a steel nib pen:whistle: ...

EzyStyles
16-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Too much reading Alex :) no worries at all , hope that guide helps you out. Let us know how you go in the end.