PDA

View Full Version here: : Disinterested Advertiser

Exfso
11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
I noticed whilst perusing the latest Sky and Space that there is now supposedly an Aust mob selling scope cases. (U-shop Pty Ltd or www.scopecase.com.au.) Well dont bother trying as they refuse to reply to emails and obviously are not interested in giving any information. Makes one wonder why they advertise in the 1st place. All I wanted was some prices and they are too ignorant to even acknowledge my email. So St#ff Em.!!

:bashcomp:

Jonathan
11-07-2005, 12:19 PM
It's a shame because the finished products look to be well made. You've got to wonder why they bothered advertising if they're not prepared to follow up a customer enquiry.
There must be a local company that would make cases to order, maybe not specifically for telescopes but those sort of cases in general.

h0ughy
11-07-2005, 12:32 PM
maybe they went belly up! their original ad may have been for 4-2months earlier and because S&S wasn't published until just recently they went belly up and folded the company at the end of the financial year.

ving
11-07-2005, 12:38 PM
I just made a fake enquiry asking that if i fax them details could they provide a quote for a made up scope...

the guy seemed friendly enuff tho i didnt question him other than the above...
try calling them on 9905 1377 they do answer their phone even if they dont answer emails :P

Exfso
11-07-2005, 12:47 PM
If they dont answer email, they usually dont get a 2nd chance from me. I have been burnt before, and you know the old saying..!!!

asimov
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
They wont be gettin' my money in any >CASE<....:D can't stand business's that dont answer emails....I'm with you exfso!

Jonathan
11-07-2005, 12:54 PM
It's funny how some retailers don't regard email as legitimate form of communication and choose to ignore them. Yet they still answer their telephone. I don't see the difference, if a question needs answering they sould answer it whether it requires them to type the answer on a computer or speak it on the phone. It's their loss.

asimov
11-07-2005, 01:14 PM
That's right Jonathan, it's their loss! The thing is, once word get's around (like in this forum) they end up with no customer's eventually, & go belly-up.....Then their scratching their head's wondering WHY! Drip's.

ving
11-07-2005, 01:17 PM
have you enquired as to why they didnt answer your email yet?

acropolite
11-07-2005, 01:25 PM
I've found that a lot of people simply don't check their email on a regular basis. Sometimes it's better to just phone.

[1ponders]
11-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Have your emails been in html format? I know I've had problems with some companys if I send emails in that format and then get prompt responses if I resent the email as text only. Their email filters automatically reject html emails as spam

asimov
11-07-2005, 01:49 PM
I know one of my first emails I sent to a certain company ended up in their spam folder.

Yes, you definately have to make allowances for un-answered emails...potentially, a lot of things could have gone wrong as to the reason why they didn't answer.

As mentioned by me in some other thread in here somewhere....One ended up replying eventually to a quote with...'Sorry too busy, hope you find what your looking for'

This was after sending a 2nd email (a month later)chewing them out for not answering my 1st email.

asimov
11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
They could also have mentioned in their add..."enquirie's in HTML format will be rejected as spam" If they really gave a hoot about lost custom.

ving
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
why? no one else does this... :scared3:

stoopid puters!! :bashcomp:

asimov
11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
:rolleyes:

ving
11-07-2005, 02:11 PM
:ashamed:

asimov
11-07-2005, 02:14 PM
;) he-he

ving
11-07-2005, 02:20 PM
:poke:

iceman
11-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Enough with the spam guys, please.

Exfso
12-07-2005, 12:32 AM
As I said previous, if they dont have the decency to answer my email, why should I waste my money on std calls. They give an email address, why if they dont intend replying to emails, do they give it out. Sounds very sus to me, mind you as I said, I have been burnt before, and in any case have found a guy here in Adelaide who does a fantastic job and at a reasonable price. I was at his place today, he is a one man business and his finished results are excellent. As a matter of fact I purchased some foam from him for the case I made for my tak, and his price was 75% cheaper than Clark Rubber here in Adelaide, who are total ripoff merchants. When I have finished lining the case which is my own design, I will post a photo. Sometimes you just have to do it yourself. My next case will definitely be built by this guy, I reckon his stuff is on par with Scopeguard cases in the USA and less than half their price.