PDA

View Full Version here: : Ideas For An Viewing Chair ?

vindictive666
07-07-2005, 05:21 PM
gday

i am after a idea suggestions ect ect for a observing chair for my dob

not really after those you can get form the US or you build what i was wondering if there was anything around that you could use ?

i was thinking of a bar like stool or ?

throw some ideas my way (in another words i dont really want to spend a arm or a leg if i can get out of it :) )

thanks

:thumbsup:

acropolite
07-07-2005, 05:40 PM
John, Here's a link to a plan for a simple chair; http://www.valleystargazers.com/Chair.pdf I think it's the one mike built, If that doesn't suit your needs there are countless more pics and plands out there if you do a google search for observing chair plans. I like the look of this one which would be fairly easy to copy from the pix. http://www.catseyecollimation.com/cperch1.html :D

asimov
07-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Do what I do, drag your puter chair out & balance it on top of 2...not 1 but 2 plastic milk crates...:thumbsup:

Starkler
07-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Best observing chair for a medium size dob I reckon is a wooden bar stool cut down to an appropriate height. Its good to be able to point your dob and then drag the stool under your deriere with one hand and sit down to view. Heavy metal stools or collapsible ones that need care in positioning and weight distribution just make life more difficult IMO.

[1ponders]
07-07-2005, 09:53 PM
I know astroron has a couple of adjustable timber chairs for Dob viewing, for sale. I saw them last weekend. Very sturdy and easily adjustable.

elusiver
07-07-2005, 11:28 PM
i just use a gas lift office chair.. the one i'm sitting on as i type this.. i guess cause i'm kinda tall and cause i only have an 8" i can get to the ep at zenith with the chair at full height comfortably..

el :)

AlisterNickson
19-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Just Bar Stools has a couple of adjustable timber chairs, gas lifted chairs for Dob viewing, for sale.

blexxx1769
20-05-2016, 02:19 PM
This is my v.3 of the Denver Obs. chair. Seat height starts from 50cm up to 120cm, about right for my 16"f5 Telekit Dob. The footrest is used for the primary height adjustment with final adjustment via the (25cm travel) actuator, which has a small wireless handset. This is a great setup for extended obs. of a particular area, not so much for the Messier Marathon type sessions, though it is far better than my original 'all manual' chair. There's nothing better than being able to get your seat height spot on easily - no more straining for that ideal EP focus.
The chair folds flat easily after removing 2 screws which locate the actuator & weighs around 10kg.
Ian.199620