PDA

View Full Version here: : New to the group Wivey bearing indicator

roccodm
08-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Greeetings to all down under- i came across the group by chance and it looks like a great bunch- i am a third shifter up here so with working overnights my bio clock is attuned to yours- my question concerns an item i saw advertised while serching to by one of the circus cannons -actually i was looking at the skywatcher 10 inch dobs and at the end of the ad there was a comment that those who bought it also bought something called a "wivey" which attactched magnetically to the scope but would give a rough pointing feature- i have not been able to find the add for the circus cannon or the wivey- should have saved it- any direction would be greatly appreciated-wx up here has been overcast for close to one month although it set a record of 60 degrees F today we should be in the teens or twenty degree range this time of year- all the snow is gone for at least this week -regards to all and wishing clear skies rocco WB9QPU

iceman
08-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Hi Rocco, :welcome: to IceInSpace!

I don't know what a "wivey" is, but is it an inclinometer? Here's a thread (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=26473) which shows a few - some have a magnetic base which lets you sit them on the scope and tell you what altitude you're pointing at.

JethroB76
08-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I think its the Wixey gauge you are after, a digital inclinometer. I initially looked at getting one from Woodcraft.com before arranging it quicker and cheaper from the UK.

Link: http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=5894

gbeal
08-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Welcome. And I thought the "wivey" thing you talked about was the spouse? Man I do have it all wrong. It is a great bunch, as you say.

roccodm
08-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Just got home from work- it has been raining for about the last 10 hours but i guess it is better than snow- Thanks to the entire group it was the wixey that i saw - i will read all of the info from the threads- probably will order one and give it a go with the circus cannon-clear skies to all- would like to try and get a pix of 8 tuttle but skies have not been clear at this end for over one month rocco WB9QPU