PDA

View Full Version here: : 16" Lightbridge Survey

astronut
05-01-2008, 08:01 AM
I've been a very happy 12" Lightbridge owner for nearly 2 years now.
Yes, I have made all the improvements necessary (some personal, some essential) but..............I've enjoyed every minute of it, and the views?
OUTSTANDING!!
The reason for this prelude is that I don't want this to be construde as a Meade bashing excercise, it's more of a product warning.
On quite a few of the O/S's sites 16"LB owners are complaining that the trusses cannot be suffiently tightened to hold collimation.
The trusses are coming loose in their mounting after a short use.
I have never come across this on mine, once their done up the scope is as solid as a full tube unit.
Aussie owners of 16"Lb's have you come across this problem? Have you fixed it" How? Have you notified your dealer?
I would be interested in your replies.
As I said earlier, I DON'T WANT THIS TO DEGRADE INTO A MEADE BASHING THREAD.
Thanks, John.:thumbsup:

Phil
05-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi John i have the 16" and find it to a lovely scope. This is one scope i am keeping for the rest of my life. The only prob. i have had is the base being to big to get out door ways. This was a easy fix by cutting the base. The collimation is OK on my scope have not had any prob there. I have also added a light shield and a Agro Navis to the scope. The 16" is a big scope so to move it around i have put wheels on the bottom to which make it very easy to move.
Phil

astronut
05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks Phil,
Have you had the problem that I mentioned?:)

Phil
05-01-2008, 07:00 PM
no can not say i have John yet anyway.
Phil

sejanus
06-01-2008, 11:19 PM
no I've not had that problem. though I don't disassemble/reassemble mine - it always stays assembled fully in my garage as it's on wheels to roll out into the backyard

DaveM
08-01-2008, 02:56 PM
I haven't noticed any problems with tightening the trusses, and collimation seems to hold up well. I understand that trusses are inherently more susceptible to changes in collimation at different angles, but if there is an effect there, I don't notice it.