PDA

View Full Version here: : 16" LB pumping now

sejanus
17-12-2007, 03:18 PM
hey guys

i wrote about my 16" LB having collimation probs a while back.

I had a brief bit of clear sky on sun morning about 1am or so when I got back from a wedding. I must have had the collimation spot on this time. Stars were incredibly bright and sharp, and orion/toucan/eta were all incredibly detailed.

Orion was definitely pulling in colour :eyepop: :thumbsup:

Now if I could just do something about that street light over the road :screwy:

I bought both the 6mm and 7mm from bintel with the agreement I'd return the one I didn't want. The bugger is I'm having a hard time deciding! The 7mm appears a tad brighter and has a lovely wide view but the 6mm feels like it whacks you a lot closer, I guess with the narrower FOV. orion looks better in the 7mm but toucan looks better in the 6mm. Choices choices!

just wish i had a tracking platform for this guy

astronut
17-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Great to see that the scope is working so well.:thumbsup:
Have you carried out any of the mods yet?

sejanus
17-12-2007, 04:05 PM
just the wheels + a 1.25kg weight on the bottom and the bobs knobs on secondary

avandonk
17-12-2007, 04:13 PM
It is sad to see such a bright young lad being in such a quandary. Enjoy while you can! A 16" anything was out of the question when I was a young lad!

Keep observing and enjoy!

Bert

Rodstar
17-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Gavin,

Glad to hear things are finally working out for you.

How is the Ethos performing?

When is the 16LB going to make a public debut at a central coast observing night?

ving
17-12-2007, 09:23 PM
tell ya what, i wouldnt mind one of those :D

sejanus
18-12-2007, 08:18 AM
actually i put the ethos in my sig when bintel said it would be early Dec - but the shipment keeps getting delayed unfortunately so i don't have it yet but I'm on their list

I'll bring the LB up one night, it's just hard though as you guys mostly do it on saturdays but it's rare that I'm not shooting a wedding on a sat night

Rodstar
18-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Gavin, we are in precisely the same position regarding the Ethos.....I am also waiting on that order from Bintel. I understand even OPT are not expecting delivery of their second order until after Christmas, so there aren't options to source it more quickly elsewhere.

It will good to see you sometime in 2008 if you can make it up to the Central Coast.