PDA

View Full Version here: : Anyone have a set of Saxon 10x50WARC binoc's?

Omaroo
26-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Just received a set of Saxon 10x50WARC binoculars offa eBay for AU$80 delivered to my door. Retail prices that I've been able to find suggest around $145 is the going price. So.. not bad.

Anyway - they seem pretty good on earth-bound targets. Eye relief is pretty comfy and focusing is good with only about 90 degrees focuser wheel travel which is nice in that you don't have to wind it in or out too much. Comes with front and rear caps, a front-facing mount socket and ballistic nylon case.

Looking forward to some night time usage tonight. I was going to go for 7x50's but 10x50's don't weight any more and the magnification is only a little more. Hopefully they won't be too wobbly without a tripod.

Anyone else have a set of Saxons like this? How are they?

chris lewis
26-11-2007, 08:03 PM
They have the Bak-4 prisms and are multi coated lens [ deeper blue lens ] I believe [not F.M.C.- more 'green' colored ] and a 6.8 FOV - they should be reasonable astro binos. I prefer the 10x50 for astro use personally as they provide more 'immeadiacy' and and still handholdable. Tell us what that they are like - sharp on axis ? much deterioration towards the edge ? -[ which is to be expected in WA binos ] and other abberations - like barrell rolling effect when panning and do they supress internal reflections well - no ghosting on bright objects. The main issue really however is to ensure they are well collimated - no double vision - look at a star and you will soon tell - even slight miscollimation will show and you willl get eyestrain keeping the images together. Good luck with them.