PDA

View Full Version here: : Tak users in Perth?

snaggs
15-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Heya,

In the next few weeks I'll be taking delivery of my first Takahashi Refractor, a Sky 90, which is user collimatable. From the reviews I've read, after shipping its going to need it.

The recommendation was the first time to get someone experienced to show you the ropes (always good advice). Is there anybody in Perth who is experienced in colimating refractors who'd like to pass their skills on?

Daniel.

gbeal
15-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Don't be too sure. I have had a couple of Taks in the past, and neither have needed any form of collimation, and had been shipped some distances. Try it first, then worry.

anj026
15-11-2007, 09:04 AM
I think that problem may have just been the first few Sky 90's released. Collimation is not difficult in principle however I have not tried do it on a Takahashi. My refractor has push-pull screws which make it very straightforward. The faster the focal ratio the more critical it becomes.
:)

montewilson
15-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi Daniel - I have an FSQ and an FS-60c neither have the option to or have ever needed to be collimated. I think you should ask Texas Land Sea and Sky. They would know about this. www.takahashiamerica.com (http://www.takahashiamerica.com)

They are well packed and very well made and shouldn't need to be adjusted for years if ever.

Welcome to the Tak club, you won't look back.

Exfso
16-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Daniel, you should not have any problems with this scope. However, there are exceptions to the rule. If there are problems, Takahashi will solve them, and they go out of their way to resolve and rectify any problems. I have a TOA130, which I had to send back to Japan for astigmatism problems. It returned and still had optical problems. I have been dealing directly with Takahashi, and they are absolutely professional. Currently I have 2 130's as Takahashi decided to send me a new one for comparison with my original, and once happy I send the "inferior" one back. All this at no cost to me, now one does not get that sort of service nowdays. I might add that the original was pretty well spot on to my untrained eye on the return, it was just star testing that I did and sent the results back to Japan that caused them to send a replacement. This is how dedicated they are to cusomer satisfaction.

snaggs
16-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys! Just waiting for the mount to arrive. Hopefully it will all be here in 2 weeks.

Daniel.

leon
16-11-2007, 09:13 PM
And just to add my to cents worth, i had my Takahashi FSQ 106 shipped from Brisbane to Ballarat, not a problem at all, they are very robust Telescopes, and can handle the journey very well.

leon