PDA

View Full Version here: : ETX-90 problem

NeilW
12-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I have a Meade ETX-90. There seems to be a problem with the dec locking knob on the right hand fork. The scope is 'locked', ie. the motor drive engages and works, but the knob won't unlock. It just turns in either direction, and I'm thinking something might have been stripped in the dec locking mechanism. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any advice about fixing it? I've read about a couple of similar problems on Weasner's ETX site, but I'm not really confident about pulling the thing apart, nor am I sure where I can get replacement parts, which seem to be readily accessible from meade in the US.

Thanks,

Neil.:help:

Kal
12-11-2007, 05:39 PM
You could make some enquiries with some Meade retailers in Australia and see if they will repair it if you aren't confident to pull it apart.

Maybe fire off an email to Bintel / Star Optics / Astro Optical Supplies and see if they offer repairs?

JohnH
13-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Andrew, this happened to me also - I removed the knob and found the brass insert had rotated in the platic knob. U used pliers to remove it and then I was able to fix it in place easily with a little epoxy resin.

The best resource for ETX questions I found is:

http://www.weasner.com/etx/menu.html