PDA

View Full Version here: : Hyperion 24mm

JethroB76
05-10-2007, 11:23 AM
I see there is a 24mm Hyperion available (as well as a Stratus version) I think its on sale somewhere in the US for $99, though it appears to be a different design to the others in the line. :shrug:

Anyone seen any reviews or perhaps will be getting one to try out?

davewaldo
05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Here is some discussion and pics on CN:

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1886699/Main/1886011

No mention of how they perform though....

I would be interested in this EP if its a good one.

janoskiss
05-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Oz dealers are probably lagging their US counterparts and won't have them for some months (at least that's what typically happens). MyAstroshop and York are the only dealers carrying Hyperion EPs afaik. Might be worth hassling them about it. Maybe it will help hasten things, get these new EPs (incl the longer FL aspherics) into the country sooner.

Gargoyle_Steve
06-10-2007, 05:25 AM
I purchased on of my Hyperions through Bintel mid last year, but it had to come in from OS as they had none in stock. I'm not sure if they carry any as on hand stock these days but a quick phone call would get you an answer.

For what it's worth I have the 13 & 17mm Hyperions and they are my 2 most used ep's.
I reckon they're great value for the price, and as much as I'd love a Pentax XW I honestly can't justify paying $420+ for ep's, so until my financial situation changes I think I'll be sticking with the Hyperions.