PDA

View Full Version here: : Celestron 'virtual' online support

sculptor
02-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I asked Celestron if there was any documentation for directly speaking to the CGE mount PC port rather than going through their virtual hand controller, which intercepts say COM2, and translates to whatever it is that the port wants to hear.

I got a computer generated reply directing me to their FAQ page, saying that it addressed issues very similar to my question, but "click here if you still need help". I clicked. After two weeks' silence, I got:

Dear Celestron Customer,

Due to regular server maintenance and a security update we have closed your eSupport Ticket. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. If your issue has not yet been resolved, please reply to this email and your ticket will be reopened immediately, allowing us to address your issue. If your issue has already been resolved then please disregard this email.

Sincerely,
Celestron Technical Support Team

My guess is that further attempts at speaking with them will generate yet more baroque automatic replies, at geometrically increasing intervals, until I go away.

I've decided that having a picture of the hand controller on my laptop screen, and having it speak to me in a "YOUAREINTHEPOWEROFTHEDALEKS" voice, is kinda cute.

iceman
04-10-2007, 06:49 AM
That's kinda annoying. I wonder if you could try a local celestron dealer for support?

Gargoyle_Steve
06-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Silly question I suppose, but did you try this on the off chance that it may actually be true? Sounds like you have nothing to lose at this point.

Hope you find a way to work it all out... cheers!
:thumbsup: