PDA

View Full Version here: : 8" Dew Heater strap

Louwai
18-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I have bought (2nd hand) a dewstrap.
I didn't ask the question regarding the plug on the end as I just assumed it was the typical plug for use with a controller.

Well the strap arrived in the mail today I to my surprise, it has a cig lighter 12v plug on the end. Obviously not for use with a controler.:eyepop:

So my question is:- Can I just remove this plug & fit the std jack which will suit the controller???
Does this strap work any differently, power wise, to a strap designed for use with a controller???

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

B

ballaratdragons
18-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Bryan, if it has a 12v car plug, it will work on any 12v DC power supply, as long as the power supply has several amps. Heaters really pull the amps.

:lol: Listen to me being the electronics wizz since I built mine :rofl:

Louwai
19-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Our Yankee mate is bringing me back & kendrick controller (I think he gets back today or tomorrow) & that is what I intended to use the strap with Ken.

My concern was that the strap may be of a different design which is suited to direct plug full power, rather than controlled power.

B

RAJAH235
24-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Bryan, as 'Ken the Tech Head' (Hi Ken), has said, you can simply remove the cig plug & hard wire it into the Kendrick controller.
It may have a socket already. (Never seen one naked).
If needed, use a 2.5 mm DC plug & socket, not an 'audio type'.
HTH.
:D L.