PDA

View Full Version here: : Celestron CG-5 mount touch-up

Louwai
15-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi all,
I'm looking for someone in Melbourne who is able to strip, adjust, tighten, regrease (and anything else it needs) my CG-5 mount for a reasonable price.

If I did it myself it would take me too long between work & the fact that I only have 10% of my tools with me in Melbourne. And I don't want to risk not having it available for any clear night that happens to appear.

Very frustrating, but that's the way it is.

Any suggestions or recommendations????

Cheers, Bryan

casstony
15-09-2007, 08:19 PM
If you don't get any backyarder interested in the job, the guys at Bintel used to do this work when they were known as BATSC. You could ask them?

Louwai
17-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks, I thought Bintel may do this. I just thought I'd ask on here first.

Geoff45
17-09-2007, 02:48 PM
It's actually quite straightforward and quick to do. You should be able to do it on a weekend afternoon as long as you've had an early lunch.
Geoff

mill
17-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Haha i just did my eq5 and my wife would kill me if i would do it again :(
Nah just joking :)
If you want, i can do it for you, next week (school holidays) i have a week off, just pm me.
And no charge afcourse, we are here to help.

Louwai
21-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Well gents,
I contacted Martin, we discussed the issue & I dropped my mount at his place on Wednesday night.

Just got back from picking it up tonight.

What can I say. An absolute gentleman & a hell of a Mount Mechanic to boot. My CG-5 is back to it's former glory. :)
A huge thank you to you Martin.

He refused any compensation, but I found a way.;)

Cheers my friend.

Bryan

mill
21-09-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll get you back for that :P

ballaratdragons
21-09-2007, 10:43 PM
OK, now that the floodgates have opened for Martin to get repair orders from everyone, I'll jump on the front of the queue! :whistle:

That ought to make his wife happy :lol:

mill
21-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Ken you better have all those labels ready when i come over to Snake Valley in november.:lol:
And yes ill be happy to do your mount :D

dugnsuz
21-09-2007, 11:44 PM
me next, me next!!!!

Louwai
22-09-2007, 08:11 AM
It's worth every bit Martin. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

That's the reason I posted the request on IIS before going to a business / shop.
I'd rather put the money into a members' pocket.

Members do it for the enjoyment & love of the hobby, & therefore do it well. I'm sure shop / business employees also do a good job, but for them it's still "work" & so there's probably not quite as much "love & enjoyment" involved.