PDA

View Full Version here: : Omega optics NPB filter has arrived

Spiney
27-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Ordered the 1.25" NPB filter from Omega Optics in the USA on Friday 21st August and received it today 27th August. Not bad service considering this incuded a weekend as well. Price delivered- A$124-06, which I think is pretty good. They also emailed me twice to keep me informed as to when it was being shipped etc, so all in all this was a painless exercise :thumbsup:.
Now all I need is some dark skies to test this baby out.

erick
27-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Congratulations and good luck! Since I bought mine, I've only had a brief peek at Carina. Not a chance since - busy and cloud! M42 looks tempting in the early morning now. :thumbsup:

Gargoyle_Steve
01-09-2007, 05:08 AM
I've got one of these beauties as well, as do many other happy IIS'ers.
I found it made some difference, but not a great deal, when observing M42 - but the Carina Nebula is another kettle of fish (or bucket of photons) all together! That becomes a stunning and intricately detailed target that will entertain you for some time.

Also take the time to wander around the LMC with it, that looks great through the NPB in my opinion. You might like to try it out out the Veil and Swan nebulae - oh heck it's good on many targets, have a ball with it!