PDA

View Full Version here: : Cleaning the Corrector plate

Domol
10-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi, I'm new to these formum thingos....how do you search for old threads???...anyway anyone tried cleaning their SCT Corrector plate?? Mind's about 2.5 years and looking like it needs a clean! (had a lot of use!) Anyone tried vacuuming it lightly??
Thanks Domenic:)

sheeny
11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
G'Day Dominic,

I cleaned mine about 6 months ago. I didn't try vacuuming cause I don't think it would be effective. I used a camel hair puffer brush (lens cleaning brush) to remove anything I could, before taking to it with the lens cleaning solution and tissues. Use gentle radial strokes, not round and round.

Al.

aerobrake
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi Dominic,

here is the link to doc Clays cleaning method. The end all and be all technique in my book.

http://www.arksky.org/asoclean.htm

I've done it this way with excellent results with the knowledge that I have done no damage to the coatings on my SCT corrector.

Cheers
Mike

Domol
15-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Thank's Al
I had tried cleaning eyepeices with lens fluid, but been unhappy with results. Did you notice an improvement in the view afterwards?
Thanks

rumples riot
17-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Yep follow the directions and you will be fine. You can now get cleaning solution from Bintel so you don't have to make it yourself.

I have found that getting a big box of plain tissues and a large bag of cotton wool makes it easy. Just do an area about 2inches by 2inches at one time and then throw that cotton ball away. Same goes for the tissue.

Once you have done this once, you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Let us know if we can help further.