PDA

View Full Version here: : DMK & Vista are working well.

csb
27-07-2007, 01:33 AM
I finally got everything together to be able to image with a Coronado PST and the DMK 21AF04.

No problems with any of the programmes, nor drivers, using Vista :eyepop:

Too cloudy today to do much but I was very happy that there weren't any glitches. I saw the sun, with surface granulation on the screen, but couldn't find any proms/flares nor sunspots.

Of course, I couldn't get focus unless using a 2x barlow (no brand), then focussing was a breeze.

My setup is:

Coronado PST
2x barlow
DMK
6pin-6pin firewire cable
firewire ExpressCard
12V DC power adapter (plugged into ExpressCard)
Asus Dual Core Laptop (Vista, 2G RAM)

I haven't tried Registax V4 yet but all searches say it works with Vista.

Crossing fingers actually works :)

iceman
27-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Great work Craig, I look forward to seeing your results!

[1ponders]
27-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Which 1.25" adapter are you using Craig? Can you post a pic of your camera with adapter attached. Let's see if we can work out a way to get the camera to come to focus without the barlow. ;)

csb
28-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Well, Thank You, Paul :thumbsup: I sure may need some help.

Actually, I just checked the pics you posted recently of the 1.25" adapter with the shoulder ground down and I realised that I'm not actually sure if I couldn't get focus with just the camera.

My first use of the DMK was during cloudy periods and it may have been the clouds drifting in front the sun - sure makes it very difficult to do much. So I then put in the barlow, the clouds had moved away and Presto! I got the sun on the "Astro Lappy" :D

You posted some pics on a previous thread I started but I'm not really sure I understand what you have done - looks like you may have ground the shoulder of the adapter away so the DMK can sit flush against the PST ep holder. Yes?

When I get a good day I'll try without the barlow.

Trevor
20-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi Craig
Registax will work with Vista, I have just ordered a DMK and will be using it with Vista.
Regards Trev

[1ponders]
20-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes Craig that is what I have done. By simply grinding (or filing in this case) the shoulder off the adapter, (and making sure I removed the CS adapter that comes with the camera :rolleyes: ) I was able to get the chip close enough to the PST to come to focus with np at all.

csb
21-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks Trevor and Paul.

I haven't had any opportunity to view the sun on the laptop - all cloudy days except today.

And I have a problem with my firewire card - seems to be a dud, so I've got to return it. That'll be about a 3 week turnaround. :sadeyes:

[1ponders]
21-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Before you send your firewire card back, contact the imaging source via the forum and see if you can get a download of their Firewire Manager software. I needed that before mine would run correctly.

csb
22-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks Paul

I was going to post the card today but I'll wait.

Thanks for the PM, I have replied.

Your help is certainly appreciated.

What a great community we have!