PDA

View Full Version here: : celestron 80mm ED

mch62
03-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Well it's here at last and I have been playing with my new toy since I got it.:cool:
I think it is the first in Oz as when I has rung around originaly no one had it new of it or wanted to order one untill there next shipments , but Andrews came to the rescue again. There only still trickling in over in the States.
So far day time views show only the very very smallest amount of chromatic aberation and that is only in one picture I took out of 20.
I was hard pressed seeing any thing in the way of fringing colors in the pics , realy had to look hard and enlarge the pics.
The real test will come in the way of a star test on sirius the moon ect at high powers.
The review will follow when i get some good viewing in.

Saturn%5
03-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Cant Wait to see that in my backyard:astron:

iceman
03-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Beautiful looking scope Mark, can't wait to read it's first light report and see some pictures through it :camera:

iceman
03-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Oh and Mark, I wanna see a picture of it perched atop that beast of a mount you've got :eyepop: :D

What eyepiece did it come with?

beren
03-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Congratulations Mark beaut scope , cant wait to hear any info on impressions etc ...... wow i havent seen or heard anything about here in AU so great coup[ .....came very close to buying a 80 mm ed a couple times .

mch62
03-12-2004, 09:49 PM
No problems on the EQ6 mount fit straight on .
Looks a bit lonely on there though .
Counter weighting it was tricky as it is to light , had to add some weight to the scope .
Looks like a pimple on an ant hill .
It come with a 25mm plossel the silver ones that come with all Chinese scopes . Now I have 2 of them .
Any one want a 25mm Eyepiece?
Yep it come from China like the Orion scope, but great optics.
I said it was going to get cloudy , guess what? :cloudy: & :windy:
Bugger me!
The package come with The Sky level one .
Tried the software out . I am not as fussed on it as Starry Nights .Seams a bit bland .
I assume there are other levels with more advanced stuff on it though ?
Does not bog down the lap top like Starry Nights .
Am working on the reviews , but just need another clear night please.:prey:
Have done the report for the 3 Eyepieces on the f5 optics of Graemes (saturn %25) newt.
Hope to do them in this scope to see how they perform .
By for now.