PDA

View Full Version here: : Amazing Aussie "How to" guide for Home Observatory

G.J.Shepherd
27-06-2007, 01:59 AM
*Forgiveness up front if the following is common knowledge or already been posted, delete or move if need be*

Hi all, just been surfing the web for general info on home observatories and I came across this amazing guide from some one who built an incredible observatory for very little cost, but what looks to be allot of hours of work.
Not sure if he is a IIS member, however I was really impressed with his accomplishment compared to many U.S "how to guides" I've studied.
I would be curious to know if he regrets the placement of it though because in most of the pics it seems that it's very close to tall tree's and gives the impression that the view would be limited. Either way it's amazing.

Linkage http://www.aussiepeople.com.au/ASIGNobservatory/Default.aspx
You will also see a link to the left for "Other observatories" from around Oz, some amazing work there as well.

ballaratdragons
27-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Yep Gavin, Barry is a member in here and has given us heaps of detail on his Observatory. But always good to re-post it as a reminder to others who may have never seen his previous posts about his Obs.

Thanks for the reminder :thumbsup: